Google

Monday, June 18, 2007

BASEBALL SIGNS

My eight year old nephew Joel is a second baseman. He wants to pitch.
Yesterday his dad taught him the basics: how to hold the ball for different pitches, how to keep an eye on the runner, and the different signs the catcher flashes when calling pitch selection.
After a couple hours, Joel was flashed a series of signs and told to name each one. Dad held his hand down and showed the forefinger.
"Fast ball!"
Two fingers were flashed.
"Curve ball!"
Dad was pleased. He then pointed his middle finger down, the sign for a brush back to move the batter off the plate.
Joel shook his head.
"What's the sign, son?"
"I don't know."
"We went over it. Now think. What's the sign?"
Joel shrugged his shoulders and stammered, "F#@k you?"

I think Joel's staying at second.

7 comments:

Leo said...

Lmao!

Unknown said...

Lmao!!

Thanks for sharing this story and making my day :o)

Here via Blogexplosion.

Jim said...

Thanks. The kid is a riot. Years ago his imaginary friend fell to his death from a Ferris wheel. Nephew asked preacher and congregation to join him in prayer.

Capricorn Cringe said...

I gotta know if the preacher prayed for the imaginary friend ...
that's hilarious.

TooBIG said...

oh man I'm glad I found yer blog that was so funny. Kids I love em they're so honest when they want to be....lol Let him pitch with a mind like that he'll get the job done. Great post and thank you

Jim said...

I'm going to post the Ferris wheel story in full.

Jim said...

Thanks toobig. He's a character. Thanks for stopping in.