Google

Monday, May 28, 2007

ME AND SPAZ KILL A BUG

My cat Spaz is one smart cookie.
Last night she called me into the laundry area. She started crying, and I was worried she got tied up in something, like the curtains again.
So I checked on her. She was standing on the washing machine, crying, looking up at the ceiling. She was after a lightning bug. When she saw me, she started hunching up the way she does when she wants to jump up on my shoulders. I turned my back and she got on. Perched on my shoulder, she reached up and swatted at the bug. It crawled across the wall. We followed. Spaz urged me forward, biting my earlobe whenever the bug looked like it might get away. We spent fifteen minutes crashing that bug through the house. Spaz finally nailed it, but not before she shredded my shoulders with her claws.

Next time, I'm wearing a shirt.

7 comments:

Howard said...

Hahaha! You are an enabler, sir! Best cat post I've read in a while.

Laura Brown said...

Wear a hat too in case Spaz needs to reach just a bit higher and ends up digging claws into your scalp.

Jim said...

Thanks Howard. I was ready to post another blog about Spaz, but she wants me to pull up some catnip websites. She has a hard time using the mouse. I'll have to wait till she takes a nap.

Jim said...

Laura, I tried that, but I ended up with a Cat in the Hat..

Beaman said...

Spaz sounds a clever cat. Nipping your earlobe to give you directions.:)

The Imaginary Diva said...

That's so cute! She probably purred for hours afterwards. :)

Jim said...

She is, beaman. And she looks like she may be kin to Lord Nigel.